JUST 3 EASY STEPS GETS YOU BACK OUT ON THE ROAD:
- Schedule your appointment by calling the office: 507-934-3333
- Dr. Seth, Rising Sun Chiropractic’s Certified CME examiner will perform your exam
- Dr. Seth will upload your results electronically to the national database and provide you with a copy of your certificate.
Why Choose Rising Sun Chiropractic + Weight Loss
- Same or Next Day Appointments
- Fast Turnaround
- Friendly Environment
- We stay on time to keep you on time.
Give the office a call today to schedule your exam or click the link below.
For Larger Companies-Please Call 507-934-3333 and we will work with you to set up an account for your drivers.
What Is a DOT Physical Exam?
The DOT physical exam certifies that a driver is capable of safely operating a CMV (Commercial Motor Vehicle). This exam is required by the FMSCA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration).
Who is a DOT exam required for?
A DOT physical is required for:
- Operate a motor vehicle for interstate commerce with a gross combination weight rating, gross vehicle weight rating, or gross combination of weight over 10,000 pounds
- Operate a motor vehicle designed to carry more than 15 people, or are paid to operate a motor vehicle designed to carry more than 8 people
- Transport hazardous materials
- Are required to have their CDL (Commercial Drivers License) by their employers
What does the DOT exam consist of?
During your DOT exam the CME (Certified Medical Examiner) will perform a review of health history, vital signs, urinalysis, vision test, hearing test, and a full physical exam that includes:
- General appearance
- Nervous System
The presence of a certain condition may not necessarily disqualify a driver, but it may warrant further investigation if the CME determines necessity. If the CME determines that you are fit and safe to drive they will issue you a MEC (Medical Examiner’s Certificate) also known as a DOT medical card. You must pass all parts of the exam to be issued a MEC.